my friend tasha is a member of the darling demaes and pale ramone.
she also records her own songs under the name m/v lark.
she has a voice that can melt the most frigid heart, and makes the best stove-top popcorn i've ever had.
but those aren't even my top reasons for adoring her
she is, above all, real and true. a feeler of feelings, an engager in life, and one of the most outstanding human beings i know.
i asked friends to make a list of the 10 songs they've listened to most this past year.
this is tasha's:
1. Wilco - Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway (again)
"Oh it's tough when loves a weed
That grows inside of me"
2. Feist - The Bad in Each Other
Because everything she says is TRUE.
3. Wilco - A Shot in the Arm
Truth be
told all ten songs on this list should be from the Wilco Summerteeth
album. We have it on vinyl and whenever my boyfriend comes home he says
"you're listening to this, again??"
4. The National - Afraid of Anyone
I love all the pictures he paints with his words. "I defend my family with my orange umbrella."
5. Lissie - When I'm Alone
Her voice drives me wild. I feel like I could have her life and be totally cool with that.
6. Fleet Foxes - Blue Spotted Tail
This
album is up there with Wilco in terms of number of times my boyfriend
has come home and said "you're listening to this, again??"
A few of
the songs on this list are ones I've learned with my band, or done on
my own, and this one is one of my favourites to play right now.
7. Half Moon Run - Full Circle
I saw these young fellas play at El Mocambo and this song stuck with me for months after.
8. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
I didn't
know if I should post the lissie version or the original, but I feel
like I WAS Fleetwood Mac in a past life, I'll stick with the oridge.
9. Sharon Van Etten - Give Out
A few
weeks ago I was at a recording studio and someone actually thought I was
Sharon and they got all giddy. For a second I had a taste of fame. It
tasted like peaches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exJ3AG0JIeo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exJ3AG0JIeo
10. Shakey Graves - Built to Roam
Hot guy playing a suitcase, in alternate tuning live in a barn in Texas?

No comments:
Post a Comment